Thursday, May 13, 2010

Dinosaur Search

Cory is allergic to cats, so Lovey is off to Kathy and Jim's today. I'll miss her, but she'll have good company with Suki and Boo and Kathy and Jim; plus, she loves the backyard, and has a ball running up and down the stairs, so I'm not worried. Got up early and said "Bon voyage" to Laura and Cory, then crawled back under the covers. Steve and Indi had gone outside when their folks left, but I awakened 90 minutes later to find both of them in bed with me. They are adorable - and love attention. They've had breakfast, we've romped in the backyard, and they've been brushed. We'll go out for our stroll around the neighborhood in a few minutes. I gathered up about a dozen stuffed toys from the backyard, and have placed them on the patio to thaw out from yesterdays snow and last night's freeze. I had to find Steve's triceratops, as it's the only toy that he likes (it was frozen to the ground underneath one of the ponderosa pines in the backyard). I hope to make meatballs tomorrow - found all that I need pots and pans-wise, and brought the rest. And I saw Ann and Marty ride by on their horses a few minutes ago - it took me a minute to figure out how they were so much taller than the privacy fence (-duh!).
There will be 12 runners in the Preakness on Saturday; Hurricane Ike injured a hind leg and came back lame after yesterday's jog. Super Saver has drawn the 8th post position. I feel that I have to root for Super Saver because I'd love to have another Triple Crown winner. Of the horses he ran against in the Derby, I like Dublin and Paddy O'Prado. Of the horses he did not face in the Derby, I like Caracortado, Jackson Bend, and Pleasant Prince. At the moment, I have no idea how I'll place my imaginary bets on Saturday. ....

No comments: