Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Morning Serenades

It's overcast this morning, but in the 50s, with a high of 67 expected here. In western Colorado, across the divide, however, they are expecting 2 to 8 inches of snow. Steve wolfed down his breakfast, but Indi wouldn't touch hers, so it's in the 'fridge at the moment. Laura said she wasn't a big morning eater, but that Steve would eat all day long, if possible. I'm seeing that now. After refusing her breakfast, she did have the chutzpah to come into the office and beg for treats, though, so I'm not worried about her. ... While I have not tried the Bowflex machine in the exercise/pool room, I have tried out all the other equipment. Surpri-i-ise! I like just sitting in the hot tub/pool best. But I get over-heated if I'm in there for more than 10 minutes, and then I get a tremendous headache - not like a migraine, up front and behind my eyes, but it's like a huge vise has the back of my head in it's grip and just keeps squeezing... I find it an interesting occurrence.
I've been charmed by the rabbits, birds, squirrels, skunks and fox in the neighborhood, and have found that the coyote pack likes to howl about 2 a.m., which sets Steve and Indi off. The Aussies go at an all-out run, explode through the dog doors, and try to convince the coyotes that they'd better not approach any nearer. Now, there is a six-foot tall solid wood vertical fence around the back yard, and there is wire fencing buried vertically under the fence and at the gates (along with horizontal wiring at the gates); the only things that get in the backyard are squirrels and creatures that can fly... You'd think the kids would know that by now.

No comments: