Sunday, May 2, 2010

Odds and Ends

I'm looking forward to checking out the fox den tomorrow - the black shoe and both leather gloves have disappeared during the past week; but a small leather strip and the wings of a robin have now taken the showcase spots. It's amazing to me to watch the "ornamentation" of a den entrance throughout the year. ... In commenting on Calvin Borel's three Derby wins in four years, I must mention the great Bill Hartack, who won three in five years (covering 1960 through 1964). Borel rode Hurricane Ike to win the Derby Trial last week, and Ike is being pointed at the Preakness; but if Super Saver runs in the Preakness, you can bet that Borel will be in the saddle. ... I'll be at my sister's for the next weekend, and then I'll gear up to stay with Steve and Indy for 16 days out in Niwot. I'll miss walking Rosie and Remy those days, but I can't make the trip on a daily basis without a vehicle - it's just too far off the bus route.
I thought that Lovey was larger that Aiko and Yoshi. She's definitely taller - but I believe that the two little boys both weigh more than the girl. She weighs 9 1/2 pounds - I think Yoshi hits the scales around 11, and Aiko about 14 pounds. Have a look at the above photos and make a guess yourself....

No comments: