Saturday, May 8, 2010

Something for ME to Celebrate

One hundred and twenty four years ago, John Pemberton, a druggist, created the original formula of Coca Cola. As that is my main vice, and the main source of my sugar and caffeine, I am very happy to salute the man who created my favorite beverage - even though it no longer contains the cocaine that was in the actual original formulation. Here's to you, Mr. Pemberton!!!
Lovey is out sunning herself, and I'm almost completely packed for our over-nighter with Suki and Boo. Kathy says she'll come pick us up around one this afternoon.
I read Ann Ripley's Mulch last night, and have the next four books in the series to read, as well. I really enjoyed the book, especially since I knew the areas being described, and because I've met the type of people being described, as well. I'm looking forward to reading all of her other books, too. ... Eskendereya, the favorite for winning the Kentucky Derby before being scratched, has been retired permanently due to a soft tissue injury. Conveyance will not run in the Preakness. ... Yesterday out on our walk, while Rosie and Remy were being distracted by a group of six deer to our right, I watched a young fox kit try to stalk Bandit (Leslie's big male cat) on our left. The kit approached slowly, pausing in cover, and trotting swiftly through open spaces; then it ran quickly at Bandit, who had been watching the kit approach. Bandit has a medium to long haired coat; when the kit leaped at him, he jumped up, fluffed out his fur and gave a silent hiss. The fox kit stopped in its tracks, dropped its tail, and slowly trotted back the way it had approached. It was lovely to watch.

No comments: