Monday, July 19, 2010

Blah...

At last at home - for one night. Lovey and Neddy are happy to be here, and have sacked out in their favorite spots. I've spoken with my friends, Mary and Kathryn, in Florida, and am gearing up to spend the next three weeks away from home. Today we started out with a heavy overcast, which cleared about noon. By four, we had thunder showers pass over, and now it's mostly cloudy again. Due to the clouds, we only reached 93, instead of the 100 that was predicted yesterday. There's not really a lot going on - Kathy and Jim had some super glider flights out at Salida over the weekend, even though the weather kept them from coming home Sunday night. When Jim arrived home from the airport this afternoon, I reminded him to harvest the oyster mushrooms that were growing on the willow in the backyard - and he got enough for several meals. I let Lovey and Neddy out in the back yard yesterday and this morning, and they had a good time exploring the wide open spaces and climbing a couple of the cottonwoods and the apple tree. - I was disappointed in the offerings at the 33rd Annual Boulder Art Show on the Pearl Street Mall on Saturday. They had a new director, who decided "to change the direction of the show"; I walked through 8 blocks in 2 hours, and saw only 4 exhibits that caught my attention. That's pretty bad. - I hope to blog every day, as I'll be home daily to be with the kits, for the next 3 weeks, but I won't swear that I'll be able to, or will feel like it, on hot afternoons. We'll just have to see... And the Chincoteague Pony Swim for Pony Penning will occur on the 28th of July! I wish I was there!

No comments: