Sunday, July 25, 2010

Critters and Old TV Shows

I confess... I was bored yesterday evening, so I started channel hopping on Direct TV here at Aiko and Yoshi's. My first find was a Mission Impossible episode starring Martin Landau, Barbara Bain, etc., and with William Windom as the guest star. It was super (even though the technology used is definitely dated today)! Then I found a 1968 episode of Hawaii Five-O - and Mark Lenard was the guest star, playing a Japanese amnesiac in "To Hell With Babe Ruth." Again, it was a super episode, other than the fact that the good guys had to find a karate expert to explain the concept of "ninja" training - only that and the vehicles made the episode appear dated. ... I had a blast watching these shows again. Then the DVR cut in and I saw this season's finale of the new Doctor Who show... again, I thoroughly enjoyed it!
Aiko and Yoshi and I had a great walk early this morning; we saw 6 fox, lots of birds and squirrels, and the local mountain lion. Tomorrow I'll be back walking them, the Irish kids, and then Shama and Danny. Then I'll head back for my kits. Lovey and Neddy were marvelous, as usual, today. They were happy to see me, and then happy to eat; afterwards we went out on the patio and I watched while they played and took in some sun. Lovey, for some reason, was Miss Prim and Proper outside today; Neddy was his usual impetuous self - running everywhere, attacking Lovey, attacking my feet, and grabbing anything that dared to move within his vision. It seems as though I can see that he has grown every day between my visits home - I feel like I'm missing an important part of his adolescence. (Talk about a worried Mom! - Sheesh!)
Today the ponies on the southern end of Assateague Island were rounded up, as well as any stragglers that were spotted on the north end. Farriers were busy trimming hooves, and hundreds of visitors were watching the holding pens - some of them planning which foal they want to buy at the auction on Thursday. Today and tomorrow, the folks who take care of the Chincoteague Pony Association Registry will be moving through the herds, identifying sires and dams of this years' foals. This will enable the new owners to take their pony's registration papers with them when they leave the island next weekend. I d0 wish I was there!

No comments: