Saturday, July 17, 2010

Hot, Hot, Hot!

One hundred degrees today and 99 yesterday - yes, it's been a trifle warm here. I've been keeping the dogs in between 10 in the morning and 9 at night, and allowing them out at night. At least the irrigation ditch and stream are running at full spate, so the dogs can cool off in the water, as well as get fresh free-flowing ice-melt water to drink. The cats and I stay indoors as much as possible. I walked Rosie and Remy at 8 a.m. these past mornings, walking Suki and Boo at 6:30, after taking Brandi for a short stroll at 6. Luckily I start back with only the Rs to walk on Monday! On Monday, I also start taking care of Twister, Tinkerbell, the gerbils, mouse, 8 hens and Perle the rooster - just stopping by, not living there. On Tuesday, I start staying with Aiko and Yoshi, and the day their people return, I move next door with the Rs. When the Rs' family returns from Europe, I'll move back in with Suki and Boo; and then, finally, back to my own apartment....
Lovey and Neddy are having a blast here at the Sammies' house. They have stairs to run up and down and all sorts of nooks and crannies to explore - and they chase each other, too. Neddy is still crazy about the dogs' fox toy, and drags it everywhere he can. (If the toy were stuffed, and didn't just look like a flat pelt, it would be larger than he is.) Lovey is spending as much time as she can in my lap, or laying on the book or newspaper I'm reading. I think she's jealous of the attention the dogs are getting. Anyway, I should be back at home in my own bed at least for Monday night... We'll see. Have a good Sunday!

No comments: