Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Rain and Hail

Rain, hail, thunder and lightning pretty well sums up yesterday. I'm home visiting my kits, having spent last night with Aiko and Yoshi, and having walked the Irish kids this morning. My friend Joel, who owns the red kids, lost his Mother early this morning - so all of the family's travel plans are up in the air, as they were due to fly to Europe on Monday. I've just told them that I'll be available for whatever they need, whenever they need it. (Thank goodness that Yoshi and Aiko are just next door!) I also took care of Perle, the rooster, his hens, the gerbils, and Twister and Tinkerbell on the next street. I'm pooped already, even though it's only 72 outside (with 55% humidity). I finished reading an Ann Ripley mystery last night, and will start a James Lee Burke today - his is the only book left from my last library excursion, so I'll have to visit the library tomorrow. - If you like The Cheesecake Factory, please note that on Friday, 30 July, any slice, or whole, cheesecake is 50% off that day only. Of course, to me, that is the day that the ponies swim back to Assateague Island. ... Rachel Alexandra is scheduled to race on Saturday at Monmouth Park in the Lady's Secret Stakes. It will be shown live on www.NTRA.com .
The kits are full of themselves - Lovey would like to spend all of her time outside (except when it rains), and is quite vocal about it. But if I let her out, and stay seated at the desk and computer, she has to run back in every 10 to 15 minutes to make sure that we're both OK. Neddy, of course, is just like any little boy and is exploring and playing with anything that he can get hold of. Brandi, the blind dog I care for, is slowing down at an amazing rate. Her owners and I are worried about her. Suki and Boo are just as full of life as ever; even though Suki has slowed a bit, at 12. And Rosie and Remy are both still going full blast - Rosie pulls all the way when heading out on our walks, while Remy pulls on the way back home. They strengthen my back and arm muscles. Have a super last half of the week!

No comments: