Wednesday, August 25, 2010

A Bit of Everything

OK, my apartment manager was not aware that my check is/was missing; that I did not receive a receipt; and that the check hasn't cleared the bank.... She says she's investigating. She also told me that the pest squad will be in to spray the apartment again (even though I have only seen one India meal moth since I returned) either at the end of this week, or sometime next week. Thank goodness I have not yet unpacked everything! Most of my belongings will go over to Kathy and Jim's for the weekend, and until the place is sprayed again. I will also have to get the kits out for the designated spray day. Once she gives me an exact date, I'll be happy and stop whingeing.
I took the red kids out for a very nice walk this morning - we wandered all through Topaz, Emerald, Oak, Orchard, Poplar, Norwood, Redwood, and Sumac . Today was an irrigation ditch water day for the Snow yard, so we only spent 10 minutes there, letting Rosie chase her bone and lay and roll in the water-filled ditch. Nancy took Rosie out for a stroll yesterday evening, but Rosie pulled her all over and misbehaved generally, lungeing at cats, dogs, and deer. Remy declined to leave the yard, and took a nap instead of a walk. For the past two days, our high temperatures have only been in the low 80s, with 50 for a low - it's been heavenly! The really warm stuff is coming back tomorrow, though - so it will be interesting...
So we're 10 weeks away from the Breeders Cup races at Churchill Downs - November 5 and 6. Possible starters for the $5 million Classic include Zenyatta, Rachel Alexandra, Super Saver, Lookin at Lucky, Blame and Musket Man. If both ladies run, it will be one heck of a race!

No comments: