Thursday, August 12, 2010

Hooker Horny Toads Rule!

Neddy has decided that if I am eating something, it must be good for a young cat, too. He continues to eat strawberry Jello, and loves ice cream; yesterday he ate a mouthful of ripe peach - not the fuzzy skin, mind you, but he took a big bite of the juicy fruit and ate it all. Today is a warm day - I've walked the Irish kids, and met little Thor's folks again while walking; they want me to stop in and care for their cat while they're gone next weekend, and they live only a couple of blocks south from Githens Acres, so it'll be easy. Saturday is Kathy and Jim's 29th wedding anniversary - I've invited them out to dinner. The construction crew is due at the Irish kids' house this Wednesday to start renovations - I'll be spending more time with the kids so they won't be so distraught, and will probably take them away for much of each day.
The window curtains did not shred yesterday when washed yesterday, and I am amazed at how much brighter they are after being washed. I guess the build-up of dust, cat hair, cooking, and daily handling was much heavier than I had realized. I got the 'fridge defrosted yesterday, and can actually use the freezer once more - it has never kept anything frozen hard, but it works... I pulled out my Hooker Horny Toads Baseball shirt and wore it today - it's been awhile since I've had it on. The students are coming back into town, and I received 5 offers to buy the shirt off my back this morning. I told them to go to Hooker and buy one themselves.
Kathy and Jim are up hiking in the Indian Peaks Wilderness today, so I was kind of freaked out when I glanced at the Denver headlines at 11:30 this morning and saw that the body of an older man was found on one of the trails in the Indian Peaks Wilderness. The story was posted at 10:23 this morning, but it wasn't until the end of the story that it was stated that the body was first seen last night and that the man was 70 years old. (Jim will be 67 in September, so I was really beginning to wonder where Kathy was...) ... The other news around here is that a bear let itself inside a family home and ransacked the kitchen and refrigerator about a mile from the Irish kids house; and police found four home-made bombs next to a public pool in Longmont yesterday - luckily someone reported a suspicious package, and only one bomb blew, causing over $1,000 in damages to one of the pool houses. ... So, don't work too hard for the rest of the week!

No comments: