Saturday, August 28, 2010

New Furry Friends

I thought it was cool last weekend when I realized I was pretty well booked through the first week of January 2011. If my new clients like me, I will have a booking for Christmas of 2011 already. Wow! I met the people and the critters this morning - a swarm of koi, a very large and handsome Maine coon cat, and an adorable Goldendoodle puppy. The "kids" are interesting and friendly, and I'm looking forward to good times spent with them. - Lovey and Neddy are wandering in and out; there are some clouds building, but the chance of rain is slight (humidity is 12%). I need to finish rearranging my furniture, and then I can load up the new bookcases... I have no idea what Neddy was in early this morning - but he was certainly making a racket. Lovey was curled up on my hip; if I didn't know better, I'd have guessed she closed Neddy in a bureau drawer. The Humane Society had their mobile unit at Sunflower today, so I stopped by and visited the 5 dogs and 8 young (less than 5 months old) cats and kittens they had available for adoption today. Of course, a dilute tortoiseshell caught my eye - she was a grey tabby with light strips of orange woven into the greys of her coat - and she was quite a talker. She meowed and tried to grab me the whole time I was there... *sigh* ... Have a good weekend!

No comments: