Sunday, August 1, 2010

Thunderous Kitty Paws

Today is supposed to be another hot one - we actually achieved 93 degrees yesterday; but it was 58 degrees when I took the Rs for their early morning walk today. I don't walk the Gs today, so I'll still be working on cleaning my apartment to management's standards without any scheduled breaks. I have to remove more books, and then mop the floors. I plan on being finished soon. Then I'll kick back with a good book and relax until I get the word that I can move back in... Lovey and Neddy will be excited to be allowed back home - and it'll please me, too! Yesterday evening, the kits were chasing each other around upstairs, and their galloping paws were so heavy that it sounded as if the Rs were upstairs romping about.
Today is the running of the Haskell Stakes at Monmouth. Looking At Lucky and Super Saver are both entered in this Grade 1 event. ... It is expected that Zenyatta will next run the the Grade 1 Clement Hirsch Stakes on August 7; she has won this race for the past two years. And Rachel Alexandra's people have announced her next race as the Person Ensign Stakes at Saratoga on August 29. Maybe we'll get to see these two ladies face each other in the Breeders Cup this fall...

No comments: