Tuesday, August 10, 2010

A VERY Old House

OK, I've walked the Rs, met with Kristin about Sasquatch and Tugger, voted, read my e-mail, and looked at the news... I'm ready to go back to bed today. Neddy and Lovey are running in and out; it's 83 degrees with 30% humidity, the sun is shining, and I can see a glider soaring above the farmland to the east. Joel, Nancy and Max are wonderful people; when they returned from their trip to Europe, they brought me a selection of cards with the paintings of Claude Monet on them, a beautiful photograph book of the Cotswolds, and an intriguing set of "Endless Landscape" cards. With the two sets of nesting cats that were purchased for me in Russia, by the Aussie dogs' owners, I am acquiring quite a collection!
I am planning on washing the apartment curtains this afternoon, and hoping that after hanging for nearly 5 years with me, they won't shred or fall to pieces in the washing machine. In a way, I prefer vertical blinds, which most of the other apartments now have, but I also like the fact that these curtains have a rubber insulated lining that helps keep the cold out in the winter, and the sun's full heat out on summer mornings. As usual, I'm torn between the two...
And, near Scarborough, in North Yorkshire, England, the remains of a 10,500 year-old house/hut have been discovered. For more information on this discovery, visit: http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/education-10929343

No comments: