Saturday, September 11, 2010

73% Containment

Yahoo!! The Four Mile Canyon wildfire is 73% contained, and fire management hopes that they can say it is 100% contained by Monday. While on my way to take care of Sasquatch and Tugger this morning, I ran into three fire crews and their trucks replacing needed items at McGuckins Hardware. I went up to them and thanked each of them individually - 3 men (and their truck) were from Pueblo, Co.; 6 men were from Cheyenne, Wy.; and another 6 were from Ogallala, Nebraska. They looked worn out, but were very positive. They seemed surprised when I thanked them.
Lovey has been a huge cuddle-bug the past few days - I wonder if somehow the tense conditions due to the fire has brought back her early Katrina trauma? Neddy has started collecting grasshoppers. I caught 10 and turned them loose outside during halftime today; and I've already counted another 8 inside. It only bothers me when I'm asleep and one jumps on my face or neck....
A short synopsis of my football teams: West Virginia won; Florida won; South Carolina won; Virginia Tech lost, and the Colorado Buffaloes got blown away. The Vikings lost Thursday night, and tomorrow I'm looking forward to seeing the Broncos at Jacksonville. Go, Broncos! (And ... Go, Redskins!)

No comments: