Monday, September 20, 2010

Lovey and Neddy, and the Canines

Neddy is feeling much more at home in the Snow house; Lovey is feeling much better when she sits on me. Lovey really enjoys the couple of hours that she and Neddy have to explore the backyard; Neddy gets so exhilarated that I frequently have to catch and hold him to get him to settle down and stop panting for air - he feels that he must run and see and explore everything, or it will all disappear in an instant. Neddy is beginning to accept Boo's presence, but Lovey still goes a little faster, and ends up with Boo hot on her trail. Both Suki and Boo are "in the dog house" with me right now, because they would not sit and stay while I ate my dinner. They can do it. They have done it. There was no reason for them to keep creeping closer to me, and then try to nudge my elbows with their noses. I put them outside immediately after verbally chastising them, and they didn't get to clean the plates. Rosie and Remy made me upset today, too. (I guess there was just no pleasing me...) The Snow house has double sliding glass doors to act as insulation; when it's cool, there is also a screen door available for use. After I had walked the Irish kids, and we had greeted Suki and Boo in the Snow back yard, I had to use the bathroom. While I was inside, Rosie and Remy saw Lovey and Neddy inside through the sliding glass doors. They both started leaping at the glass, hitting it with all their weight, and baying at the tops of their lungs. The kits went upstairs and out of sight. Rosie and Remy calmed down when I stepped out, but any time for the next 4 hours that they thought they saw movement, they would hit the glass again and start baying. It was pretty annoying and nerve-wracking. I guess I'm getting old and cranky, and tired. That vacation in October is looking sweeter by the second!

No comments: