Tuesday, September 21, 2010

New Season and the Kids

Well, while I enjoyed seeing the revamped Hawaii Five-O last night, it wasn't an instant hit with me. I like the casting, but (I think my age is showing) the music was too loud, as were the explosions and gunfire. The new show seems to be clear and crisp; the relationships will, I hope, continue to evolve - and how does Kono get away with this new task force work as "extra credit" for her last week at the police academy? I'm hoping that with the wonderful location shots, and with stronger writing, the series will improve. Tonight, NCIS was its usual, excellent self - although I do get tired of DiNozzo teasing McGee so much. And I have loved Ralph Waite for years.
Lovey and Neddy ran outside this morning before the red kids came over. Alexy stopped by to meet them, and was amazed that if I came back into the house and ignored the kits, that they came inside to check on me. We shared tea and homemade blueberry pancakes this morning, before she returned home to teach her classes. Lovey almost got stranded high up in one of the cottonwoods, but finally figured out how to come down (she comes back to earth head-down - don't ask me how!). Neddy was playing in the willows and the ivy in the pet graveyard most of the time. All of the dogs were very good today; I guess they realized I was not happy with them yesterday... We've had record highs for the past three days, and are expecting the mid-80s tomorrow. Thursday, the first day of fall, we're supposed to have a high of 78, and then go right back to mid- and upper-80s. It doesn't look like we'll have our first frost until after Kathy and Jim return, for which I am thankful. Don't know if I'll be blogging this Thursday through Sunday; it will depend on how much time I have....

No comments: