Thursday, September 16, 2010

Running my buns off...

I'm currently using the PC at Kathy and Jim's, while Lovey sits on the mouse pad and Neddy is lying on the back of the desk chair. Sorry for not posting, but it's been wild - construction is extremely noisy at the Rs, so I have them with me from 9 a.m. until 2 p.m. on weekdays. I'm also taking care of Tugger and Sasquatch, and Cloudy and Shady. Connie returned home, so I'm no longer caring for Ooch; Alexy returns the 19th, and the Clarks return the 20th. On the 21st, I'll head over to Skippy's and get all the info on taking care of Finn, as I have them in my care the 23rd through the 26th. Kathy and Jim are due home the 25th or 26th.
The FourMile Canyon fire is completely contained - and the officials are now saying that it was started by a 71-year-old volunteer fireman, who thought he had completely doused a fire in a fire pit two days before the wildfire began. The Reservoir Road fire is 50% contained. It was started by a home-owner burning brush and grass in his yard. His house was not burned - his neighbors' were. We still have a lot of smoke in the air.
Lovey and Neddy are having a blast running up and down the stairs here - I'll start letting them visit the back yard tomorrow. Suki and Boo are still investigating Neddy, and now, instead of running, he stands, arches his back and hisses. He's growing up. The Rs are always happy to leave their house with me in the morning, but are also very glad to return home in the afternoons. Cloudy and Shady have been playing hooky while their Mom is away - they've started spending a lot of time across the street, and not next door. Sasquatch and Tugger miss their folks; they enjoy my company and being read to, and fed, but I'm just not their people. In any event, they eat well, play well, let me groom them, and cuddle when I read. All is well with my charges....

No comments: