Friday, September 3, 2010

Thought Remnants

OK.... Other than a scabby knee, and some soreness, yesterday's surprise trip, fall and roll is in the books. My right arm and shoulder, which also made a considerable impact with the ground is sore, but fine; the shin swelling is less than a quarter-inch in depth. (Frozen peas in a tea towel do wonders!) I have recovered Neddy's track ball toy from under the middle of my bed, and he is very happily rattling the balls around in their spaces. Lovey is sunning on the patio. It got down to 39 degrees last night - I wore a sweater on my walk from Silver's to Skippy's house this morning - but we're supposed to reach 80 this afternoon, then back in the 90s for the weekend. Rosie and Remy were very good for their walk today - we saw 7 other dogs out walking, as well as a 6-point buck in velvet, and neither reacted with excitement or lurching forward. It was nice after yesterday's experience. I skipped back and forth for a short while between the two football games last night, but when it became apparent that Southern Miss was being run over by Steve Spurrier's Gamecocks, I stayed with the Vikings-Broncos game. I was disappointed that Brett Favre didn't take a single snap, but I had a good time watching the Broncos, even though they lost. There were quite a few standouts in the seond, third, and fourth strings who were trying to stay on the roster. It was a good, interesting game.
Zenyatta had a very sharp workout this morning. She is being pointed at the October 2nd Ladys Secret Stakes as a warm-up for her Breeders Cup race in November. ... And the World Equestrian Games begin Saturday, 25 September, at the Kentucky Horse Park. The Games will run through 10 October, and have a mind-boggling assortment of vendors at the associated trade show, as well as the games themselves. The Games will feature vaulting, dressage, reining, endurance riding, jumping, carriage driving, and para-dressage (for riders with physical disabilities), to name a few. I certainly wish I could be there!

No comments: