Thursday, September 23, 2010

Windy Day

It's warm and windy today - I've given Finn his lunch after giving Skippy a snack. And that doesn't take into consideration the feeding of Suki and Boo, and my kits, and then taking the Irish kids out for two hours. Lovey was very upset when I got ready to leave the Snow house, so I gave her and Neddy some of their really special treats - they were both gobbling up food when I slipped out the door. Skippy is on a diet and is always hungry; Finn is turning out to be a super little boy. He listens, responds, and obeys very well for a puppy. And, bless them, Finn and Skippy's owners have given me the use of one of their cars, so I don't have to walk the 3 miles between houses late at night or early in the morning - I'll return my kits to my apartment Saturday, so Kathy and Jim won't have to worry about them upon their return that evening. So it looks as though I won't be as stressed as I thought I'd be this weekend. (Hooray!)

SuperSaver, the winner of the Kentucky Derby, has been found to have deep circular bruises surrounding all his canon bones, almost as if he has suffered condylar fractures in all four legs. He's getting a long vacation for these problems to heal. Afleet Express, another good three-year-old, has suffered a suspensory ligament injury and won't be in training for the rest of the year. Zenyatta had a very good work last week, and is looking super for her race next weekend. The big International Horse Games begin tomorrow at the Kentucky Horse Park... I do wish I could be there!

No comments: