Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Progress?

I'm pretty sure I've written before that the Irish Setters, for some unknown reason, dislike Golden Labs. This afternoon, they allowed Maisy, a 5-month-old Golden, to play with them and with Suki and (mostly) Boo. I've been talking with the pup's owner, and other than on the leash, Maisy has had no interaction with other dogs. I invited the owner to bring Maisy over to the Snow yard - and Maisy and Boo hit it off immediately, running, chasing, leaping and playing everywhere they could get to in the back yard. The Maisy discovered the irrigation ditch - it only has about 2 inches of water in it at the moment, but it's definitely muddy. Maisy was in heaven. Her owner and I wandered in the yard for 30 minutes while Maisy and Boo bounced off one another. I'm hoping that this will help change the Rs feelings about Goldens out walking.
I went searching for the kits a little bit ago - they were both hunkered down over a patio crack that's about 3/4 inch wide. I moved them aside, and saw what looks like the same field mouse that they played with for two nights in here. I called the kits in, shaking a bag of treats, and gave them both snacks, while shutting the door. Hopefully the little mouse will get the heck away from here!

No comments: