Tuesday, November 2, 2010

My Last Day of Vacation

Today is the 18th and last day of my vacation - and it's a national voting day. I have spent the majority of my vacation either in bed, in my bathroom, or at the Urgent Care Center. I was back there this morning, seeing my doctor again. I am still running a low fever and my lymph glands are enlarged, so she has me on another week of both Augmentin and Cipro, in hopes that we can kill this bug. I'll be visiting her again on Friday. I voted by mail-in ballot last week, so I did not have to go to the polls today.
The kits have been great - we have cuddled and loved and played a lot today. Neddy is quite happy lying in the sun and watching the leaves blow about in the breeze. Lovey always wants to be on the hunt, or at least observing something. I finished reading a new Alys Clare novel today to the kits - it's the first in a new series and I heartily recommend it.
Apparently the construction guys are still making quite a racket at the Rs' house, so I after I walk them tomorrow, I'll be back in Kathy and Jim's back yard with the Rs and Suki and Boo. And I'm waiting to hear if Lucy's Mom wants me to begin walking her at lunch again tomorrow, also.
Today, post positions were drawn for all 14 Breeders Cup races. Zenyatta drew the 8 post in the Classic, and is already listed as the odds-on favorite to win at 8 to 5. The connections of Workforce, the English colt who won this year's Epsom Derby and the Arc, are discussing withdrawal from the Breeders Cup Turf, where he has also been named as the favorite betting choice. Workforce's people are concerned about the turf conditions - Workforce prefers a soft, yielding surface; but the turf at Churchill is dry, firm, and fast. Currently, one must skip all over the web to find the draw for each Breeders Cup race; however, it will soon be posted on one site:
http://www.breederscup360.com/2010-breeders-cup-draw/

No comments: