Monday, November 15, 2010

New Kitten - Where I'm House-Sitting

I'll be spending the night at Tessa and Lilly's - but it will be so I can take care of the new kitten, while the "Mom" concentrates on Tessa and Lilly. The new kitten is a dilute tortoiseshell and brown tabby combination - she has a few orange patches on her, including a little orange flame that begins at the top of her nose. Her name has not yet been settled on - but she does have a very nasty upper respiratory infection - runny eyes, a stuffy and running nose, sneezes, and she coughed up two large hunks of mucus onto my arm when she first arrived home. But she's a little sweetie, and loves to snuggle. - Don't worry - I washed well before touching my kits, as well as changing my clothes, and putting the dirty ones inside a closed plastic bag. But I'll be staying with the new kitten tonight and tomorrow night, definitely.
Lovey and Nedi ate and then ran outside as soon as I arrived home. Lovey then went down to building B, chased an older dog, and then picked a fight with a cat who lives in the third apartment down. She is full of herself today. I rounded her up and she rode on my shoulders on the way back home. Nedi was waiting for us, and I gave them both treats. - At least Lovey came when I called her! I walked Rosie and Remy for 90 minutes this morning - construction is still going on at their house. And, since the weather is supposed to be better (cool, but no snow) for the rest of the week, I'll probably have them for 4 or 5 hours a day until Friday. Thank goodness I can take them over and read and play with them at the Snow house!

No comments: