Sunday, November 7, 2010

Quiet Sunday

It's a gorgeous day outside - in the low 60s, the sun is shining with high cirrus clouds floating by, and all the losses of Saturday are now in the past. I do wish that Zenyatta had been able to retire undefeated, but that was a wonderful fairy tale - Life is real, and sometime it hurts. Zenyatta is the Queen of American racing, but today, Goldikova is the Queen of the World in thoroughbred racing. She is truly a superb race horse.
The kits are running in and out of the back door, and Lovey is complaining because I keep walking down to the laundry room (I've now got 3 loads in the dryers) - she believes that she should be allowed to accompany me. Neddy keeps running in to see what I'm doing, and then he scoots back out again. I had to stop and really look into one of the washers after I unloaded the clean clothes; i couldn't figure out what all the little pieces that looked like asparagus were... They were the remains of Neddy's grasshoppers - so I made certain that I cleaned all of the washers that I used.
While we are expecting a high in the low 70s today, rain (with a possible snow mix) is expected for Tuesday, and honest-to-God snow is being forecast for Thursday. Besides walking the doggies, I have an appointment to see my therapist on Thursday in the afternoon. I hope we don't get a blizzard that day. And next Friday I move in with Lilly, a black cat, and Tessa, a black dog, for the weekend. Hopefully, we'll all get along - I haven't met them yet. Other than finishing the laundry, I have dishes to do today, and then some furniture rearranging - then I'll read. I do recommend PBS's Masterpiece Mystery! tonight - it's "Sherlock: The Great Game" tonight, and I have been delighted with the switch to a current setting, as well as the casting of both Sherlock and Dr. Watson. I hope you enjoy it!

No comments: