Friday, November 26, 2010

A Red Kid Is Top Dog

Besides being Thanksgiving, yesterday was also the finals of the National Dog Show in Philadelphia. The seven Group Winners vied for Best In Show, with the award and trophy going to a three-year-old Irish Setter called Clooney. It's been 9 years since an Irish Setter won the Best In Show at the National. Congratulations to Clooney and all his connections!
I'm at home for a few hours - have walked Rosie and Remy, walked and fed Lizzie, fed Maggie May, taken care of Ooch, and fed and medicated Sasquatch and Tugger. The kits were excited to see me, since we didn't see each other yesterday. Lovey and Nedi both wants hugs and squeezes and pats, and then they both demanded fresh food. I gave them salmon, Kitten Chow, and Healthful Life, plus opened a package of seafood Temptations for them. They have been running in and out, but the wind is picking up and temperatures are dropping again, so I just closed the door. (They are inside, of course.) I'll soon be headed out to care for Lizzie and Maggie this evening (their owners are due back at 8 p.m. tonight), then take care of Ooch, and then feed, medicate and love Tugger and Sasquatch again. (I get to sleep in my own bed tonight, with my kits!) Tugger and Sasquatch's family will return Saturday afternoon, so then I will just have Ooch through Tuesday morning.
Of course, I'll be taking care of the Rs Monday through Friday as usual next week, and I'll also be walking Lucy on Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday. I need to check with Lynn about her next set of 14-hour days, so I'll know when to start walking Tessa again. And when I start walking Tessa, I'll be able to visit Dhisana, who finally came home from the vet's on Wednesday night. And Brandi's folks just booked me for two nights in December.... She is such a sweet heart! - I hope that none of you over-did it in any category yesterday - food, exercise, good times and high spirits. And I hope your Thanksgiving was joyful.

No comments: