Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Six Dogs Plus Two Cats Equals One Great Day!

I woke up with Lovey and Neddy in bed with me. And I have Neddy in my lap and Lovey sprawled across my chest right now. The red kids were very happy to see me - they've been to the groomers' recently, and they both looked super. We took a 45 minute walk and then went over to Kathy and Jim's to visit Suki and Boo. The girls are fine, but Suki seems to be just a bit slower each time I see her now; I know that she's 12, but old age is hard to accept. Mary brought Maisie over, and we had a five dog free-for-all for about an hour in the back yard. Maisie went digging in the irrigation ditch, and got covered in black mud, so Mary and I washed her off before they headed for home. Then I walked down the block and gathered up Lucy - she had had a bath this morning, and seemed embarrassed to greet me with a damp coat. I made sure she stayed in the sunshine, and when we returned home, she was completely dry. She is such a lovely lady. - So I had two red dogs, two white dogs, a golden dog, a black dog, and my two kits - a black long-hair and a sleek DSH brown tabby as company today. It was heaven!

No comments: