Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Sopping Wet From Sleet

What a difference a day makes! When I arose this morning, the sun was shining and the sky was blue in the east. I wore my sunglasses out. By 8:30, dark clouds were racing to fill the sky from the west, a cool breeze was blowing, and I stuck my sunglasses into my carrier bag. I spent almost an hour with Tessa and Lilly's Mom, going over their routines and feeding schedules, and making sure I knew how much of what food for each critter. Then I walked over and gathered up Rosie and Remy - it looked like dusk outside. We had a good 45 minute walk and stopped at Kathy and Jim's to run and play for the last 15 minutes. That's when the sky opened up, and not only rain, but little round pellets of frozen ice, too, were pounding into our faces are we trudged against the wind and sleet to get the kids back home. Nancy and I dried Rosie and Remy off with towels, and then Nancy, bless her heart, drove me home, so I wouldn't have to wait for the bus. And today is Remy's birthday! He got a special treat from me.
Our high for today was at midnight - 58 -and the temperature is continuing to drop. I opened the patio door for the kids when I got home; they both stuck their heads out and returned to bed. We're supposed to be cloudy with no precipitation tomorrow, high in the mid-40s, and then snow on Thursday, with a high of 34. In the meantime, CU has decided to fire their head football coach as of today - it will cost the university $1.6 million to buy out Dan Hawkins' contract. I think they are nuts. - But then, the Dallas Cowboys just fired their head coach, too. Oh, well... I certainly enjoy football - but, come on, folks... it is just a game!
Oh, and it has been determined that the Boulder Dome Fire was started by a campfire where a couple of homeless men were living in the rough. So, who's going to pay for the fire fighting costs?

No comments: