Friday, December 10, 2010

Busy, Busy

Since the critters in my care come first, I've been remiss in my blogging. I have to admit I was bamboozled, schmoozed, and tricked into doing something that I did not want to do. I am caring for Silver, the Weimareiner, as I have done for the past 4 years. Silver is sweet and is not a problem to take care of. Then Silver's owner asked if I could possibly also take care of the two Labs next door, Kenya and Meeka. Since they are elderly and don't require a big run every day, and as Meeka is on meds twice a day, I agreed to to do that, and I had Mimi pass my acceptance on to her neighbor, Jeff. The day before Jeff left, he informed me that he would have 2 more dogs at his place - his girlfriend's. I told him that I wasn't comfortable caring for 4 dogs that I hadn't met that were left in one house. He asked me to meet the dogs, and that if I didn't want to take care of all 4, he'd leave the girl's dogs at a boarding kennel. He referred to the other two dogs as "Huskies," "Sled Dogs," and "Malamutes." So I didn't know what I would meet. Sierra and Neika are Huskies. After I met the crew, Jeff informed me that neither he nor his lady-friend could afford to pay for the boarding kennel (but he could somehow pay both me and a dog-walker to care for both sets of dogs - hmmmm), and that he had a dog-walker friend of his who would come to walk the Huskies each day. (Which he also gave 4 different times for - noon, 12:30, 1 and 2 p.m.) The dog walker has yet to show, but he has telephoned; informing me that the owner had not set up a definite time for the dogs to be walked, and that he has never met the dogs, and expects me to introduce him to them! The owner has paid me, in full, for the care of the dogs, and he will get what he paid for. But I will never work for him again, no matter what. He told me he wouldn't leave all 4 dogs with me, and then informed me me he was going to. That is a bold-faced lie in my book, and he will never be able to hire me again. Period.
Besides taking care of these five dogs, I've also been walking Rosie and Remy, walking Lucy for her mid-week days, walking Tessa and medicating and playing with the 3 cats at Lynn's. Not to mention spending time with my own kits. I can't wait 'til Sunday afternoon, when I can come home, watch football with Nedi and Lovey, and completely relax!
And I also opened two of my Christmas gifts from Florida this week - Kathryn knitted me a very bright snow cap, with a long tail and a snowy bobble on the end (which has received many compliments and questions of "where can I get one?"), and I opened Mary's gift which is a wonderful book about location shooting of old Western movies and TV shows, plus two DVDs shot on various locations. They are fantastic! Now I can look at a lot of the old films and shows, and figure out where they were filmed! Many, many thanks to my friends in Gainesville!!

No comments: