Saturday, December 11, 2010

Cats and Dogs

Home again, for a couple of hours. The kits are loving the cool air (it's 30 degrees outside, with a wind chill of 23),but the sun is shining and it's beautiful. Both kits gave me what-for when I arrived home this morning, but then they both perched on top of me and gave me a lot of love. I'm happy I'll be able to sleep at home with them tomorrow night. Silver has been a gentleman, as he always is. Sierra, the Husky, attacked Kenya, the black Lab, last night. In breaking up the "fight" - Kenya was just trying to get away, and never opened her mouth - Sierra put a pretty good puncture in my left shin. It's a little sore this morning, but I washed it out well, then poured hydrogen peroxide over it, then put Neosporin ointment on it, plus a bandaid. I checked over Kenya again this morning, but found no damage to her, thank goodness! Then I walked all 5 dogs, fed them, and returned home to the kits. I'll need to stop by Lynn's on the way back to walk Tessa, medicate Dhisana, and love every body (all 4).
I received some bad news this morning from Lizzie's Mom. The Anatolian Shepherd was perfectly fine last week, but this week it seems her auto-immune system has gone haywire. Her face and legs and feet are covered with raw, open, weeping sores, and she can hardly walk. She was given a pain-killer, which they now have to wait to get out of her system, before starting her on steroids, in hopes that she will respond. It's terrible! Lizzie is a sweet dog and more than willing to do whatever you ant her to do - and she's a super lover, and likes to give you big licks on the arms, hands, and face. I hope she responds well and quickly to her new meds!
And I just received an e-mail from a lady stating that she had heard of me through a friend; and that she wants me to start taking care of the new puppy (possibly two) that she'll be getting for Christmas. I wrote back to her that I was extremely flattered to be offered the job just by word of mouth, but that I'm completely booked through September of 2011, plus for the Christmas Holidays through 2014. I really cannot, with a good conscious, accept any more clients and/or bookings. - And I never, in my wildest dreams, thought I'd be such a wanted person! It seems very, very strange to me.

No comments: