Monday, December 6, 2010

Dogs and Cats

Today has been relatively quiet in Boulder. I took Rosie and Remy out for their walk; Remy has starting showing a weakness in his right hind leg, and since he was favoring it when we started, I cut our walk short and decided to play grab the bone with Rosie. When we arrived at the Snow yard, Suki and Boo greeted us; Woodsley was kept inside until Jim could come out to personally supervise him. Rosie and I had a great time with her bone, and I threw Boo's plastic ball for her. Then Jim and Woodsley came out. Remy, who had been gimpy, spent 25 minutes running at top speed , chasing Woodsley. He seemed none the worse for it, so maybe it was good that he was able to stretch out and limber up. I just don't know. Nancy and Joel delivered my beautiful evergreen wreath with pine cones and a red ribbon this afternoon. It's hanging up on the door, and I've already received three compliments on it.
News-wise: The local court disapproved ex-Professor Ward Churchill's bid to be re-instated at CU. He has vowed to take it to the State Supreme Court. ... After firing Coach Dan Hawkins, CU has now hired Jon Embree, a former Buff. ... The Denver Broncos just fired Head Coach Josh McDaniels - with no word on either an interim, or full-time, replacement. ... A local politician wants to set limits for driving under the influence of marijuana, much as the blood level alcohol numbers have been established. ... And Zenyatta said farewell to her legion of fans at Hollywood Park yesterday, and at Keeneland this evening. She arrived tonight at Lanes End Farm to begin her new life as a broodmare. ...
Lovey and Nedi have been able to go out and play three different times today. I'm beginning to think that the dog is only next door during the weekend, when the guy's lady friend is visiting... All I know is that my kits were extremely happy to be out and about this morning, afternoon, and evening without a large dog chasing them. (I go see the general surgeon tomorrow afternoon to see what he thinks about my recurrent abscess - it's still draining. I don't know if that's a good thing or a bad thing, 13 days since the last incision....)

No comments: