Thursday, December 30, 2010

Snow is Falling...

Last night, the weather folks said that the first snow of this storm would reach Boulder around 10 this morning. They were wrong again. I awoke and looked out, but other than the foothills looking somewhat misty, I saw nothing. After feeding myself and the Rs, I went out to grab the papers - that's when I realized that the "mist" was actually a very fine and light snow. After yesterday's sun, the snow was melting as soon as it hit the ground, walkways, and pavement, but it was coming down. We're told to expect up to 10 inches of snow before noon tomorrow. I've fed and watered the chickens, putting their water can inside the coop (with warm water in it this morning), and I've been over and fed, medicated, and loved on Dhisana, Lyra, and tried to comfort Lilly. Lilly does not appreciate the fact that her people brought home two kittens, one of whom now has the run of the house - and then they have all deserted her, leaving just me with four-times a day visits. My kits are running in and out like mad, and are currently ignoring the snow. - And my TV remote has disappeared, meaning I can't change channels or do anything with the volume. I wonder if Nedi has taken it into the bathtub? I'll have to look.
I laughed out loud last night while reading the Winter Weather Warning scroll at the bottom of the news screen - it was listing areas covered by the snow storm warning, and I laughed when I saw the listing of "Clear Creak," and not Clear Creek. - Have you ever wondered how some studies get their funding? Here are ten studies that I say go in the "Duuhhh" file: (1) The use of meth can harm an unborn child, (2) Bullies pick on unpopular children, (3) Smoking large quantities of marijuana is bad for your health, (4) Friendless kids are sadder than those with a lot of friends, (5) Men prefer casual sex to dating, (6) Teens who sit in front of the TV all day are heavier than those who participate in sports, (7) Eating less and exercising more is a good way to lose weight, (8) Caffeine affects childrens' sleep, (9) Children raised by gay couples do not have more problems in school than children with straight parents, and (10) Students who study abroad drink more alcohol than those who attend college in their native country. I still want to know how these people got funding for their ideas! Give me some study funding, and I bet I could knock your socks off with my findings!

No comments: