Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Wheeeee!

Be careful what you wish for... Today we had a high temperature of 70 degrees; the estimate for tomorrow is 51 around noon, followed by clouds, a rain and snow mix in the evening, and then three to six inches of snow overnight and into the morning Thursday. Then we'll have highs in the 40s for the weekend... We need the moisture!! I will not complain!
I walked the red kids again today, but Rosie was a perfect little lady throughout our 95 minute stroll. Remy had a few barking issues, in which he just wanted me to pet him, but he should know by now that barking is not the way to get love. (He was abused as a puppy; beaten for barking in the basement where he was kept. I just tell him, "No bark" and ignore him.) Lucy was her normal, loving self and was happy for her lunch-time walk. One of the neighbors offered me some of her home-laid eggs, but I forgot to stop by her house on the way home to pick them up. - I received a very welcome bit of news from Lizzie's owner: the steroids seem to be working and Lizzie is once again ambulatory and eating and drinking again. (Hip-hip-hooray!) - The kits are running in and out, enjoying the nice warm weather while we still have it. Nedi has discovered the bag of duck and sweet potato treats for dogs - and he stole it, took it into the bathtub and gnawed the bottom out of the bag. As far as I could tell, he didn't actually eat any of the treats, but he had them scattered in the tub. - And I'll be taking care of good old Ooch this January; Connie is going to Mexico and I told her I'd be happy to care for the old man (he's 20) while she is gone. Have a good week!

No comments: