Thursday, December 23, 2010

Whew!

I've been running around like a long-tailed cat in a room full of moving rocking chairs! Luckily things calm down after this afternoon, and I'm back to the Chandler chickens, the Clark kits, and the Rs for the rest of today and tomorrow. Christmas night I add the Thore kits; Monday morning I move in with Rosie and Remy; Monday night the Clark kits get their real family back. Yesterday was the ultimate in running around - I had the Rs to walk, the Chandler chickens' two visits, the Clark kits' three visits, time with Brandi (staying at her house), time with Lovey and Nedi, a therapist's appointment at 2 in the afternoon, and 3 visits in the afternoon and evening with Finn and Skippy. Thank goodness I treated myself to the car rental! - Speaking of the car, I signed up (as usual) for a subcompact, which means something like a Chevy Aveo or a Toyota Yaris. The last time (in June) I was given a free upgrade to a Toyota Prius; this time around I have a silver Dodge Charger. Me!! -In a muscle car!! It's a 2010 edition, and already has 17,000+ miles on it - but it's pretty, and it handles extremely well. The only thing I don't like is the brief horn sound when you lock the doors - and I don't like it because I come and go at early and late hours, and I don't like to disturb neighbors. But I can't have everything my way....
I have a few e-mails I need to answer later this afternoon, but other than lazing around with the kits tonight, I don't plan on doing anything but read. Let's see... news wise.... Zenyatta, retired at Lanes' End Farm, finally had a day there with temperatures above freezing, and she was allowed to run free in her new paddock. There were farm personnel posted all around the 3 acre enclosure to ensure that she didn't hurt herself in her first outing. And she apparently had a ball! There is a video posted at The Bloodhorse website, (http://www.bloodhorse.com) if you'd like to see her play for the first time since she was broken to ride. ... The bombs at the embassies in Rome are frightening. Hopefully our postal service is being its usual, vigilant self. ... And how about the weather world-wide? Heathrow is getting back to "normal" after over a week of being closed due to ice, snow, and fog. The mudslides in California make my toes curl. And I'm quite happy for the Western slope to get all of the snowfall that Colorado's accumulating - 84 inches in Gothic, in Gunnison County (in 48 hours). I'm happy with just enough moisture to keep us out of fire danger!

No comments: