Friday, December 3, 2010

Winds, Bookings, and Vote

The local Chinook winds began about 3 this morning, and are still blowing. They average about 35 miles per hour at all times, and have gusts up to 89 mph. I was out in that with the dogs for two and a half hours this morning - and you can be assured that I was wearing an ear scarf. My niece Sarah has a new dog, whose name is Woodsley. He looks as if he's part blue heeler - a very compact and energetic young man. I'd guess he's between one and two years old; and he's a "bolter." If he sees an open gate, an open door, or a hole in the fence, then he is flat-out gone. Jim and I spent quite a bit of time chasing him around the neighborhood this morning, and fixing holes in the fence that the Samoyeds and Irish Setters can't get through. The Sammies and the reds just sat back and watched as Jim and I ran all over looking for Woodsley, only to find, that each and every time, he had returned to the yard on his own. At least he knows where his temporary home is! - Sarah and Mike are away on an all-expenses-paid trip via his work place, and will pick Woodsley up on Monday evening.
Tomorrow and Sunday I'll be walking Tessa and playing with the three kitties that are her housemates (Lilly, Lyra, and Dhisana), and tomorrow afternoon I'll probably end up with Rosie and Remy. The Rs' parents are hoping to get away for the day.... I just took bookings for a client for one week each month through May, and another client has asked if I'd house sit for 6 to 8 weeks in June and July. Then there's the Rs' family summer vacation, too. I'm almost fully booked through next Christmas. And, of course, I am booked for Christmas and New Years' through January 5, 2014. I guess I'm doing something right. I need to take photos of all my clients for Christmas, and it was Nedi's 8th-month birthday on Wednesday. I need to get photos of him and Lovey wearing their collars and tags. - Have a great weekend!
Oh! And my granddaughter, Kennedy Grace Devine, is in the running to be a Gerber's baby. If you can find the time, please vote for this little cutie on the Gerber website, found at: http://www.gerber.com/photo/#/gallery There are literally thousands of entries, but you can narrow things down by entering the name Kennedy and the city of Brandywine - that'll get you to the photo and page to vote for my littlest grandchild! - Many, many thanks !!

No comments: