Monday, January 17, 2011

Books and Presription Medicines

Besides taking care of Ooch, my kits, and myself, I've spent a lot of time reading this past week; 10 books in the last 7 days. I read Nevada Barr's Burn, three "Tarot Cards mysteries" by David Skibbins, Alafair Burke's first three novels, The Templar by P.C. Doherty, a book of short stories involving pets edited by Midnight Louie, and the second of the Tay-Bodal mysteries by Mardi Oakley Medawar. I still have six books in my pile to read... After caring for Ooch yesterday morning, I took Rosie and Remy out for an hour's stroll, and then I read to them for an hour; then I went home and let my kits go out and play in the back yard. Nedi and Lovey had a ball, and I was particularly happy when I saw a squirrel hanging on the screen of the patio door, looking in through the opening. I took some nuts out and put them in the wicker chair for it. I'm going to have to check the show schedule for the National Western Stock Show one more time and make a decision about attending. - There's just so much to choose from!
** If you have medication for your pets, please be certain to keep it in an area separate from your own human-type medicines. A friend of mine had an accident at home, went to the Emergency Room, and after waiting for hours, was sent back home with multiple stitches. When my friend arrived home, he realized that he hadn't taken his regular medications. So he took them. Within 30 minutes, he was completely unresponsive to any stimuli. An ambulance took him back to the Emergency Room, still totally insensible. X-rays, CT scans, EEGs and EKGs were not any help. Luckily, my friend suddenly regained consciousness, and was able to tell the MD he had taken his meds. His meds were sitting beside anti-anxiety meds for the dog. He had taken the dog's meds, and not his own. Again, luckily, there were no serious consequences or side-effects for my friend - other than what I'm sure will be huge bills from the hospital - So, please, be a safety conscious consumer - read your pill bottles as you open them, and be certain that you, your child, and your pet are taking the right medicine for what ails you! **

No comments: