Saturday, January 29, 2011

Nedi and the Broom

Hip, hip, hooray! I fixed my computer all by myself! I down-loaded a malware virus that infected all my .exe files back in December - and it only took me 3 hours to get rid of it and get all the rest of my stuff back to normal. If I could pat myself on the back, I would.
There was a huge pile of leaves that has been blown up onto the patio during the past month, so I just finished sweeping the patio and scaring the jeepers out of Nedi. Nedi thinks that the broom is going to eat him up and never let him go again - so whenever I get it out, he gets as far away from me as he can. Today he was crouched against the privacy fence that separates the apartments from the Harvest House Hotel. Currently I have the old movie El Dorado on, and am enjoying my favorite scenes of John Wayne, Robert Mitchum, and James Caan. Today's high is in the mid-50s and tomorrow is supposed to be cloudy, then we get a high in the mid-20s on Monday, maybe 5 on Tuesday, and maybe 10 on Wednesday. If it's that cold Tuesday and Wednesday, I won't be out walking dogs - I'll be home reading a good book and snuggling with my kits. I went to the library this morning and picked up 13 new books to read - that should hold me for a week or so. And I'm currently re-reading The Adventures of Tom Sawyer and The Adventures of Huckleberry Finn - the last time I read them was in 1968 or '69. I certainly have a different perspective of them now! - Have a super weekend!

No comments: