Monday, January 10, 2011

Snow and Critters

We had a snow fall of 10.5 inches, and it's 6 degrees outside. The sun is shining, the sky is a light blue, and I'm wearing flannel pajamas while my bare feet are on top of the radiator, picking up some warmth. We might reach a high today of 13 - so I will be walking Rosie, Remy, Lucy, and Tessa this afternoon and not this morning. Nedi has just sprawled across the desk top (I have the keyboard in my lap) and Lovey is soaking up the sun and warmth in the top of the cat tree. Kathy and Jim are taking are of Ooch this morning, while I'll care for him this evening. I'm due to start taking care of Tessa, Lilly, Lyra, and Dhisana this afternoon, also. The only hitch in that is that Lynn's daughter is still at home - and she might, or might not, spend the night at the house. So it looks like I'll be traveling back and forth between Lynn's and Ooch's, depending on what night it is and where Christine decides to sleep. (This is not my normal procedure.)
I was walking back to the bus stop yesterday to come home yesterday, when I heard a very familiar bark behind me. I stopped and greeted Joel, who had Rosie and Remy out for a stroll before the snow got much worse than it was. It was Rosie's bark that stopped me in my tracks. Both of the Rs seemed very excited and pleased to see me - I patted heads and backs, played with ears, and then admonished them to be good for Joel before I headed back for the bus. (Nedi and Lovey have now exchanged places.) I will see if the kits want to go out later this morning - I don't know how Nedi will react to snow piled up over his head; Lovey will probably decide to go tunneling, so I'd better get towels out, just in case. I might try to go to the National Western Stock Show on Friday - I'll have to see what else is going on.
Only one of the teams I was cheering for won in the NFL Wildcard games - and that was the Baltimore Ravens. Tonight the Auburn Tigers will face the Oregon Ducks in the final college football game of the season. My heart tells me to root for Auburn and the SEC, but I also know several students attending Oregon.... I'm just hoping for a good, clean football game.

No comments: