Sunday, February 20, 2011

Eibar Coa, Critters & Savings

While catching up on my e-mail and what I consider to be news, I have the Encore Western channel playing on the TV. The Hills of Utah, an old Gene Autry film, is on, and I was surprised to see Pat Butram making a fool of Pernell Roberts (Adam Cartwright) in a mail robbery gone bad. I don't know why it surprised me; probably because I always think of Roberts as a "good guy." I had a great time with Tessa and the Thore kits yesterday, walked Aiko and Yoshi three times, and then spent an hour last evening with Remy and Rosie. I'll continue to stay with Aiko and Yoshi until late tomorrow evening, then come home and sleep with Lovey and Nedi. Tuesday morning, I start house- and pet-sitting at the Snitmans'. Their visas came through, and they will receive them tomorrow. So they'll leave for India on Tuesday, and I'll stay at their house until the 7th of March. It should be interesting.
I called my distant cousin, who works at Qwest, my telephone company, to find out how to check my messages while not at home. He was very happy I called, because my old promotional phone and computer package had expired. Frank was able to sign me up for my high speed DSL and unlimited long-distance service at a price that's $35 lower than what I'm now paying. Then he asked about my TV service, and I told him I had Comcast. I am paying $82+ each month for my cable; by bundling, and getting Direct TV service, I will be paying $29.99 per month for my TV service. For the first year, I'll be saving $65 per month, compared to what I'm paying now; and the second year, I'll still be saving $45 per month compared to my rates today. I can't wait until March, when my new contracts start! - I really suggest you call your phone company and check out a better billing bracket!
Eibar Coa, the veteran jockey, underwent 6 hours of surgery yesterday, trying to stabilize his C-4 vertebrae. Following the operation, he can move his hands! Eibar couldn't feel or move his arms, hands, and legs after the racing accident. His doctors are feeling confident that he will regain almost normal usage of his arms and legs again. However, he probably will not be able to ride in a race again. Eibar Coa has won over 4,000 races as a jockey. You have my prayers and best wishes, Eibar!

No comments: