Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Cats and Dogs

After I walked Rosie and Remy yesterday morning, Nancy brought them over to the house to meet and play with Finn in the afternoon. The dogs had a blast - mostly Finn and Rosie racing around, but Remy had his moments, too. Nancy and I really enjoyed watching them play. Lovey is still unsure about Skippy, but Nedi and he play together and get along just fine. And Lovey was upset because Skippy joined us in bed last night - she didn't think that he belonged, so she hissed and spent the night under the bed. We haven't quite reached the freezing mark yet this morning, but the sun is shining and the sky is mostly clear. We've had temperatures in the upper 50s and very low 60s for the past few days, and it's expected to continue until tomorrow evening. Then a cold front will come in and we'll have rain and/or snow on Friday, with highs in the 40s and 50s over the weekend. I've been very happy with Finn's work and training with the newspaper; he now will stop inside the gate, give me the paper in exchange for WallyGator, and then run off on his merry way. No running away with the paper in a game of chase me, and no chewing of the paper. I had not been able to figure out how Finn had acquired Saturday's paper without me; he totally shredded that day's edition - but I found out from a neighbor that the neighbor had kicked the paper under the gate to give it to Finn. I explained Finn's current newspaper problem, and the neighbor said he'd stop "giving" the paper to Finn without supervision. That was nice. - And I need to remember to pick up the vacuum cleaner from SewVac today; they had to replace the electrical cord. At least that way Soledad can have the house clean on Friday. The family is due back Monday morning, and Soledad will clean again on Tuesday, but I will do my own clean-up on Sunday... I think I'll take the kits home Thursday evening; they can readjust to being home over the weekend and I'll move back in with them Monday. This house is grand. Skippy and Finn are super. But, as usual, there's no place like home.....

No comments: