Monday, March 21, 2011

Critters, Critters, Critters

It's absolutely gorgeous outside - the sun is shining, a soft breeze is blowing, and it's almost 70 degrees. The winds will be picking up, however, and it's not a good forecast for the Indian Gulch wildfire (south of us, near Golden). The Indian Gulch fire has burned over 700 acres and is about 10% contained... It's up in the high country where there are no roads, so the fire fighters can't get a lot of men or machinery in to help them. And this afternoon's high winds will not help anything or anybody. - And the young man arrested for murder has admitted to the the police that he is the guilty person. Sheesh; 22 and a murderer in a college town. That sucks.
The kits were ecstatic to see me this afternoon - and I gave them some shrimp as a special treat. Both are sunning on the patio at the moment. Brandi had me jumping up to let her in and out for the first few hours yesterday, and once she had me performing to her satisfaction, she just came inside and snoozed with me. She had a bad dream about 2 this morning, but, other than that, our night was uneventful. Rosie and Remy were super this morning - we walked up Sumac and over to the Elks Club and back by Kathy and Jim's so the kids could chase the blue bone for a while. Then I took out Annie and Oly; they were excellent, as usual. Tomorrow I add Lucy back into the walking mix, and I need to remember that I see Dr. P regarding the surgery tomorrow afternoon. I'll sleep at home tomorrow and Wednesday night, then shift over to the Irish kids' house, where I'll be until Monday night. I have a week with Tessa and the kits in April, and a week with 3 Labs at the end of April and into May... They are my last "new clients" for some time. I have three phone messages from people I've never met who want me to house-sit and pet-sit for them. Once I finish the blog, I'll have to call and give my regrets to all of them.
...Horses... Rogue Romance, who was being pointed at the Derby, has been side-lined with a fractured left forefoot. The Factor won the Rebel Stakes at Oaklawn Park by over 6 lengths on Saturday. And Mucho Macho Man has been named the 9-to-5 betting choice in this weekend's Louisiana Derby.

No comments: