Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Crufts Dog Show & Visigoths

First, and this just might be the Percocet talking (after my surgery yesterday), I am really getting tired of Charlie Sheen. Yo! News media! You are enabling this man and egging him on. Just ignore the creep! ... I was incorrect regarding 90-year-old Paddock Guard John Shear - he was not treated and released after observation. The man is still in the hospital, and has recently been moved out of the ICU. ... So far, the highest-priced colt at the Ocala Breeders' Sale has been a $400,000 dark bay or brown colt by Scat Daddy. The colt looks a lot like Avalon, one of the youngsters at Sleepy Hollow.
Crufts Dog Show, the top canine show in England, has just concluded. While Americans are used to the Herding, Hound, Non-Sporting, Sporting, Terrier, Toy and Working Groups, the British have the Gundog, Hound, Pastoral, Terrier, Toy, Utility and Working Groups. The Group winners at Crufts' were: Working - Max, a Boxer; Utility - Theo, a Standard Poodle; Toy - Eric, a Bischon Friese; Terrier - Henry, a Wire Fox Terrier; Pastoral - Elmo, a German Shepherd; Hound - Jilly (the only female), a Petit Basset Griffon Vendeen; and Gundog - Jet, a Flatcoated Retriever. Jet, the Gundog Group winner, took Best in Show; the Reserve was Jilly.
I have to admit I love the Visigoth commercials that advertise Capital One, and most recently, the Capital One Venture card. Please understand this: I do not have any credit cards, I don't want any, and I am not endorsing or trying to promote Capital One. - I just love the Visigoth ads! At first, I hadn't paid attention to the individual actors in the ads - lately, I've "fallen" for Garth - the one in the New Orleans voodoo shop, who says, "I'll take it!" after the doll he's playing with makes one of the other Visigoths mimic his/it's motions. He's also the guy holding the purple sequined mask when the other guy asks, "Seen Garth?" and Garth languidly drops his mask and startles the other one. In any event, if you get a kick out of Garth and his Visigoth sidekicks, they have their "own" Visigoth Sports Network. They are currently following the NCAA tournament, and their mini-programs (30 seconds to 3 minutes plus) always make me laugh. If you're interested, you can view them at: http://www.youtube.com/capitalone#p/c/2/DEg3sLah4m8 - Now I just have to find out the name of the actor who portrays Garth.... P.S. I do know that the original Garth was played by Richard Ashton... I want the name of the brown-eyed man who plays him now. I can recognize Don Gibb and Ed Ackerman... but not the man playing Garth! (Arghhh!)

No comments: