Sunday, March 20, 2011

- Duh! - And Books

I couldn't, for the life of me, figure out how a king wore that Visigoth Crown... Turns out it is a votive crown: it was made at the behest of Reccesvinthus to give to the Church, to pledge and show his devotion to the Pope. It was made to hang behind and above the altar; a physical and costly pledge of allegiance to the Mother Church....
Lovey is laying across my chest and Nedi is sprawled in the sun on the patio. I'll be moving to Brandi's this afternoon. I took Oly and Annie out together for their walk yesterday... they actually weren't bad and moved together pretty well. I was very happily surprised! I purchased a copy of the new Clive Cussler book The Jungle to read during my recuperation time. I couldn't find it last night when I was ready to begin it, so I'll head to the library before going to Brandi's. I finally got to read Carolyn Haines' Bone Appetit and enjoyed it as thoroughly as I thought I would. Having grown up in the South, I can identify most characters without any problem - and the adventures of Sarah Booth Delaney, her 'haint' Jitty, and her best friend, Tinkie Bellcase Richmond, are always interesting, well written and have a definite dose of Southern Comfort in them. Every time I close a Carolyn Haines book, I want to head back to the true South. (And her new book, Bones of a Feather, will be on sale in June!) Added to that, James Rollins' new Sigma Force series book, The Devil Colony, will also be released soon, so I'll be back in book reading heaven! - Right now, I'm awaiting the release of 15 new mystery books to "make my days...."
Oh, and a young man has been arrested for the murder of Todd Walker, the UNH football player. The man arrested is 22 years old and worked at a sandwich shop 4 blocks from the murder scene - he was arrested after several co-workers phoned in tips to the police...

No comments: