Tuesday, March 29, 2011

I Am Healing!

Well, we got some precipitation last night... how much? I don't know. I can tell you that when I awoke at 5 a.m., my patio was dry, but there was a small sprinkling of snow on the grass near the fence. Some vehicles in the parking lot had less than a half-inch on their roofs, hoods, and trunks (if they had a trunk area). We are still 30 inches shy of our usual snowfall amount. On the western slope, however, it's a completely different story... Steamboat Springs has had over 400 inches of snow so far this season. And Eldora, just southwest of Nederland (on the eastern side of the divide), got 10.5 inches of new snow last night; while out on the plains the reports are of 4 to 10 inches of snow before the system turned to rain in Kansas. Friday will be the Opening Day of the Rockies baseball season, and we're expecting mostly sunny skies with a high of 73. That would be nice... Dr. P says that I am healing! And, unless my body double-crosses me, I shouldn't have to see him again. Of course, just as I was going out the door, he said, "If it comes back, you know where I am...." But I'm happy that I have actually made progress without any more stitches or cutting. Yaaa-hooooo!! - He said that if I continue healing at the current rate, I should be completely healed within the next 4 weeks; to "keep it clean, keep it dry, and keep on walking." You can bet that I will do my best to follow his instructions. Zenyatta has slipped her foal, and plans are already being made to send her back to Bernardini. ... Crocs, the local (weird, or natural - depending on your point of view) shoe company has donated 100,000 pairs of shoes to the people of Japan impacted by the earthquake and tsunami. ... Dana Stabenow's Though Not Dead is a knock-out book! I did not want to put it down at all. And it explains a lot of blood relationships between Kate and other major characters. I'm only sorry that it wasn't at least 2,000 pages long! Rosie and Remy were surprised when I reappeared this afternoon - even though I told them I'd be back after we finished our morning walk. Lucy was her usual super self; extremely well behaved until she sees a squirrel or cat that she desperately wants to chase. Annie and Oly were very good, also, on their walk. But we surprised the house keeper when we returned - she hadn't realized that I had come in and taken the dogs out. She was headed out the door to shake a throw rug, and ran into Annie. She seemed to be very shocked.... Lovey and Nedi had two hours outside this morning before I started my walk routine; they were not happy that I didn't let them out again when I ran home to shower before seeing Dr. P. I'll have to let them out when I return home this evening.

No comments: