Friday, March 4, 2011

Just Everyday Things...

Clouds are starting to come in from the west this morning - our forecast includes rain, sleet, and/or snow, with a high of 41 degrees. It was 59 yesterday, but the westerly wind made it feel cooler. The kits are back at the apartment, Finn is happy to have the run of the house again, but Skippy keeps looking for Nedi... I think he enjoyed being worshipped. Mike has decided that he wants to eat at Ted's Montana Grill for his birthday, so I'll be headed downtown to the corner of 17th and Pearl Streets about 7 tonight. Between yesterday's wind and a migraine that roosted just behind my left eye, I didn't get out to walk Rosie and Remy. I'm headed that way once I finish my blog; then I'll walk Tessa and visit with the Thore kits, and then visit my kits at home. I should be able to get that done before stuff starts falling from the sky....
I did have to giggle last night at a contestant's response on Jeopardy! - it was a category that the question was to begin with a body part. For the Daily Double, it was a video clue; and it was a still shot of a chinchilla. The man could not come up with the answer and he started apologizing as he giggled and asked "A titmouse?" - And I was surprised that I knew the answer to Final Jeopardy, while all three contestants missed it: The subject was Biographies; the answer was Oscar Wilde... There were several other answers I thought were extremely easy, but were never questioned. Oh, well....
The red-tailed hawk just left his perch in the cottonwood tree and flew back toward the open space to the west. I received an e-mail message from Finn and Skippy's family that said, "Tigers today; Ganges tomorrow." So I think they are enjoying their trip to India, since the business end of things has been taken care of. The vacuum cleaner is back, and has had a tune-up, as well as the electric cord replacement. Finn pulled the legs and half of WallyGator's nose off last night. We had to switch the newspaper for one of his stuffies, but it worked well this morning. I put poor Wally's remains in the trash, as well as a lot of his cotton stuffing. *Sigh.* Hope you have a wonderful weekend!

No comments: