Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Stuff

Well, the big snow event that was supposed to start last night... didn't. It's foggy out, the temperature is 21, and a fine, powdery snow occasionally falls. I slept like a rock last night - didn't even move until after 8 this morning, and, of course, I had a warm, purring companion on each side. Lovey likes to lean up against me or to be draped over me when we share the bed. But Nedi is still quite a light-weight, and when I first wake up, I sometimes can't even tell he's snuggled up against me. I am still sick and coughing from the flu that I caught two weeks ago, and I had to cancel walking the red kids again today. I walked over to Safeway to get a fresh bagel for breakfast and coughed for over an hour.... Yuck.
Odds and ends... Rachel Alexandra has been confirmed in foal to Curlin, with an expected foaling date of 1 February 2012. ... The judge found against the woman whose dog ran outside and knocked over an elderly neighbor, causing her death. The dog owner has been fined the maximum of $500 for having a loose dog - and the judge also stated that "it is a very sad case." ... After having such a wonderful meal at Ted's Montana Grill Friday night, I signed up for their e-mail specials - and have already been graced with three coupons for free menu items. ... I've lost two pant sizes, much to my surprise. I haven't been trying to lose weight, but maybe it has just shifted with all my walking.

No comments: