Friday, April 1, 2011

Happy Birthday, Nedi !

Nedi and Lovey have already consumed their special breakfast of flaked skipjack tuna in celebration of Nedi's birthday; and they've been playing in the sun on the patio and in the yard since 7 this morning. Today is also the birthday of one of my favorite writers - Anne McCaffrey, who created the world of Pern (one of my favorite places). After I walk Rosie and Remy today, I am "free" until Monday morning - I'll spend the time moving furniture some more, reading, and watching my 200+ channels of DirecTV, not to mention their 80+ channels of music... And, of course, loving and playing with Nedi and Lovey. There are only 8 entries in Sunday's $1 million Florida Derby - Soldat, Flashpoint, To Honor and Serve and Dialed In are all getting heavy betting. ... Saturday, April 9, will see the runnings of the Wood Memorial for 3-year-olds, the Illinois Derby and the Santa Anita Derby. ... A reminder that today is Free Feline Friday at the Boulder Valley Humane Society - 58 cats and kittens are available for Free adoptions. I went through all of my stockpiled catalogs, magazines and newspapers yesterday and got rid of a huge pile of items - not to mention taking out all of my empty Coke bottles and cans for recycling. The kits and I actually have room to dance in the apartment now. I have moved the TV from the north wall to the south wall, and the bed, just the opposite. I removed the cover from my love seat (that also opens into a single bed), and Lovey thinks that the love seat is now absolute heaven. She doesn't want to leave it. I need to take some photos of both of the kits to commemorate today's celebration.

No comments: