Saturday, April 2, 2011

An Odd Awakening

I have to admit that I slept most of Friday - other than walking the red kids and watching Jeopardy!, I read and slept all day and all night. Both Lovey and Nedi slept with me, and they both jumped up, startled, at 1 a.m. this morning - that woke me up. There was someone standing at the edge of the patio, shining a flashlight around the patio and toward the windows. Nedi hid under the bed; Lovey went to the cat tree to take a better look at the intruder; I put on my glasses, decided it was a human with a light, and as I sat up, coughed. When I coughed, the light outside turned off and I heard footsteps in the leaves close to the patio edge. I peeked out my window, and made sure that my chairs, Green Man, and new satellite dish were still in place. Then I just went back to bed. If I am awakened again tonight, I'll call the police to report it. Yesterday's Free Feline Friday was a success - 45 of 58 cats and kittens found new homes. Other than a 6-month-old kitten, all the remaining cats are between the ages of 2 and 12 years. If I had the room, I'd adopt one; but two cats and me in 500 square feet is more than enough - that's why my kits get to run outside when I'm at home. ... Being silly, I'm going to buy a couple of lottery tickets for tonight's drawing - it's $187 million. You can't win if you don't play. ;-) ... Just dreaming, of course, but if I won, I'd purchase a condo here in Boulder, a condo in Gainesville (Florida), a condo in Vero Beach, and a house and/or condo on Chincoteague. I would definitely be a conspicuous consumer in that aspect of things. I'm not sure what I'd get for a vehicle - possibly an Audi, possibly a Toyota. But the kits and I would just drift from place to place, as the mood took us - I am so happy that Nedi and Lovey love to travel! And, of course, these are only pipe dreams...

No comments: