Sunday, May 22, 2011

Hum-Drum Stuff

I've been up and going since 5 this morning - Lovey decided there was "something" on the patio that just had to be investigated. I don't know what it was, even though it had both Lovey's and Nedi's rapt attention - possibly a raccoon. I haven't seen a 'coon around here since April a year ago when Banichi and multiple other critters (raccoons, squirrels, rabbits and moles) were poisoned. Nedi is currently laying beside the brick patio wall, while Lovey is on the middle platform of the cat tree. It was bright and sunny earlier, but clouds have begun building, so I don't know if we'll have rain today or not. I know there's a chance of rain for the rest of the week. My only request is that it's dry for several hours each morning, so I can get the doggies walked. Besides my holiday bookings through 2015, I now have a booking for April of next year... Apparently Sue liked the way I cared for her yellow Labs last month, so she has already engaged me for next year.
I'm half-way through the last book that I have checked out from the library, so I'll be heading back to the library either today or tomorrow... It will depend upon how energetic I feel, and whether or not I get "stir crazy." I've already walked my 5 miles this morning - yesterday I could see snow all over the Front Range, but by this morning it has all melted; only the Indian Peaks are snow-capped today. - Kathy has taken a vacation day for my birthday, so she can spend all day with me - "doing whatever" I "want to do." She has suggested we go visit Parnell's Irish Cobs, a Gypsy Vanner horse farm, in Fort Collins. (See: http://www.parnellsirishcobs.com/) How do I tell her that being that close to the horses, and walking around the farm, will make me (uncontrollably) want to ride? Maybe I should just make reservations for us to ride up in Rocky Mountain National Park that day...

No comments: