Thursday, May 12, 2011

Still Wet

We've had 1.73 inches of rain/wet snow/precipitation here in the past 36 hours, and it's still coming down. The kits have run outside, gotten wet, and returned, complaining. I guess since I feed and water and love them, they believe I should be able to control the weather, as well. I've opened the window curtain, and Lovey is on top of the cat tree watching birds fly by. Nedi is trying to find a way to tip over the new water bowl. And, as the local Humane Society has 83 cats and kittens up for adoption, tomorrow, Friday, will be a Free Feline Adoption Day. Each adoptee has been spayed or neutered and is up-to-date on their vaccinations. If you have the resources, love and space, please adopt one of these kitties.
I think I will be doing research on Ancestry today - luckily, the access is free through our local public library. You have to go to the library, and physically use one of their PCs, but it's free. Otherwise I get to graze through the Heritage File at home, and while it's very helpful, it can also be a royal pain... Tomorrow I start staying at Lynn's house - with Tessa, the gazelle dog, and Lily, Dhisana, and Lyra. I'll also be visiting Alexy's frequently, as I'll be feeding and loving Cloudy and Shady for the three days that Alexy's in Moab. (And, thankfully, the two houses are only separated by two other houses!)
No big news on the thoroughbred racing front. Michael Baze's autopsy was inconclusive. Animal Kingdom, the Derby winner, is back at his home stable in Fair Hill, Maryland, where he jogged yesterday. Uncle Mo, the early Derby favorite, who has had tummy problems, is home at WinStar Farms in Kentucky, being checked by veterinarians on a daily basis. Archarcharch is doing well after his surgery, but will never race again.
Hope you have a good day!

No comments: