Friday, June 17, 2011

Cats and Dogs

It's cooler than it was yesterday, but there's more humidity... Rosie and Remy have been super. Remy hasn't eaten his breakfast for the past week for his owners - ground rabbit and flax oil - , so this morning I broke the rabbit up into small chunks, then added in a half-cup of his dry kibble plus the flax oil. He ate every bit and wanted more.... Why? Just because I added the kibble? Or because I broke up the rabbit? I have no idea. Tugger and Sasquatch are also doing very well. Both of them enjoy my company while they are eating, and then I read to them and play with them before taking off again. Their folks are due back Sunday afternoon, while it seems that the Rs' folks will return Saturday evening. - It's all fine with me.
My kits seem to be missing me when I reappear at home. I'm not sure if it's because I'm an easy mark for getting treats, or if it's because they get to go outside when I'm at home... But they all want to be cuddled and loved - Nedi, Lovey, and Mocha. I made four large batches of brownies last night, and they are all gone already; the RTD bus drivers devoured them as if they hadn't eaten in weeks. (It was kinda scary...)
Since I'll need a ride home this Tuesday from the hospital, I asked my sister if she or her hubby could pick me up and drive me home. Turns out she's got Tuesday off, so she wants to come and sit with me. That means I'll have to clean the house up to her standards, or I'll have to listen to lectures on recycling, dirt, germs, and how I'm pathologically dirty.... Oy, vey! But it will be an incentive to get things tidy before I get "put to sleep," I guess....

No comments: