Thursday, June 2, 2011

Free Cat Adoptions at HSBV

As of 15 minutes ago, the Humane Society of Boulder Valley had 75 cats that were aged 6 months or over up for adoption. Any and all cats that are 6 months or older can be adopted at no cost throughout the entire month of June. Lima Bean, the odd looking tortoiseshell that I posted last month, has been adopted, but Murray is still waiting. Of course, I'm a sucker for any cat, dog, puppy or kitten that needs a home. Luckily, I have just enough restraint not to adopt any more than my two. But, if you are interested, felines up for adoption may be viewed at: http://www.boulderhumane.org/hsbv/go.asp?mode=adopt_cats
Speaking of my two kits, they were very happy to see me this afternoon, so I immediately gave them more food and fresh water - but they wanted me to sit down and give them both love. It was nice to feel wanted and needed. .... Brandi has been absolutely super, as usual. She surprised me by finding her toy box and bringing me a stuffed sheep that I had given her several years ago - she wanted to play tug-o-war with it, and I was very happy to oblige her. .... Remy wanted to go home halfway through our walk yesterday, so I dropped him off and continued on with Rosie. Yesterday afternoon, he was lame and would not walk with his owner. Today, as we were discussing this, Remy kept picking his right hind up and acting as if it was sore. We gave both dogs treats, and Nancy took Remy back inside, while I walked Rosie. Tomorrow I'll be walking both dogs, because while Rosie and I were gone, Remy paced up and down the front hallway and barked constantly. We decided he'll get a short walk every day, so he won't feel excluded. .... Zenyatta, my favorite mare, just retired from the track, has just had her 60-day post-breeding checkup. She is in foal to Bernardini, and the ultrasound showed the foal had a very good and strong heart beat. She lost her previous foal, less than 35 days into the pregnancy.
One last thing.... The police in Kansas City were taking no chances when a man called in and reported seeing a large alligator near a pond within the city limits. Police arrived with hunting rifles, and shot the gator in the head twice. When the second bullet ricocheted, the police realized their alligator was a cement lawn ornament. (Hee-hee!)

No comments: